Camp Dawson: Fall Break Edition
We are gearing up for a Fall Break day camp full of crafts, games, and interactive fun at Camp Dawson: Fall Break Edition hosted by the Thomasville History Center. For more than twenty years, campers have gotten “hands-on” with history on the grounds of the History Center.
Using the History Center’s backyard and the Smith Homestead as our “classroom,” campers will explore Native American and pioneer culture! Camp Dawson: Fall Break Edition takes place on October 14, 2019 at the Thomasville History Center. Registration is open for all interested participants in grades kindergarten through fifth. Drop-off for camp begins at 8:30am and pick-up is at 4pm. Fees include all materials and snacks. Campers must provide their own lunch and are asked to bring a refillable water bottle marked with their name. Fees: $50. Members will have priority registration.
Frequently Asked Questions
Complete and return this REGISTRATION FORM to participate or visit our “Shop” to complete registration there.
Registration for this day camp is $50 per camper. Thomasville History Center members will receive priority registration.
Camp Dawson: Fall Break Edition is open to students in grades Kindergarten through 5th. We will have a group designed for campers in grades K-2 and a group designated for campers in grades 3-5. The groups will share a common lunch space but will not share activity rotations.
* Camp Dawson: Fall Break Edition, October 14, 2019
* Thomasville History Center address: 725 N. Dawson St. (Telephone: 226-7664)
* Camp begins at 9:00 a.m. and ends at 4 p.m. each day. Drop off begins at 8:30 am. If you need to make arrangements for an earlier drop-off, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to accommodate you.
For drop-off and pick-up, we ask that you enter the History Center driveway and look for our “traffic director.”
* Plan to get messy! Wear cool, comfortable clothing that can get dirty or stained.
* Your child must wear closed-toe shoes!
* Please apply insect repellent and sunscreen prior to camp. We will have plenty on hand for the rest of the day so you do not need to send it along with your camper unless they have an allergy or require specific brands, etc.
* Please provide a lunch labeled with your camper’s name.
* Lunches can be refrigerated, but space is limited and the microwave will not be available for campers’ use. Pack accordingly!
* Snacks will be provided by the History Center.
* Water is available at all times, and campers are encouraged to bring a refillable bottle to carry with them throughout the day. Please label the water bottle with your child’s name. Please remind your child to drink water frequently!
* Personal games, cell phones, toys, beauty products, electronics, cameras, or other such items.
* Please note on the online registration whether your child has any conditions that might cause concern in this environment (prone to dehydration, allergies, etc) that camp staff should know about, including food or environmental allergies, or whether your child is prone to dehydration.
* Please label inhalers and medications with your child’s name and give to a member of the History Center staff upon arrival.
* If your child is unable to participate in camp activities for some reason, we will call the contact numbers provided and ask you to come and get your child.