A Note to Educators 2020-2021 Offerings
Like you, the History Center is adapting and re-imagining the services we offer to the community and striving to do it in safe, engaging, and useful ways. We are designing new, virtual offerings that we hope will supplement your curriculum and help to engage your students in new ways. We’re making progress on creating content for each of these categories in each historical era. Please visit our 2020-2021 Education page to learn more.
At this time, we are unable to lend our travel trunks or offer most of our in-person experiences. Please contact us to discuss how we can best help you navigate your curriculum needs.
ENGAGE Museum Outreach
We invite you to consider an outreach program where we bring the Museum to you! Our outreach programs encourage students to engage with primary sources, artifacts, and interactive activities with the added bonus of our Educator’s facilitation.
About Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Each outreach program is designed to accommodate one class of twenty-five students within one classroom for roughly an hour. The Educator is available to conduct multiple programs per day to accommodate team instruction.
- Some programs may require additional space considerations or exterior access- for example, our Civil War lesson requires space for a replica tent.
- All programs align themes across the social studies and literacy standards for reading in history/social studies.
- All programs meet current Georgia Standards of Excellence and follow a basic format that may include: Educator-led activities, discussions, games, and primary-source based exploration of a historical era
- Grades 2-12
- Programs offered free of charge to those located in Thomas county and a mileage fee may apply to those in Grady, Brooks, Colquitt, Mitchell, Jefferson (FL), & Leon (FL) counties.
The programs listed below reflect existing programs but if you are interested in creating a new theme or topic, please let us know!
For more information or to schedule your next program please complete the form below or e-mail email@example.com. Please include the total number of students in your inquiry.